Monday, February 1, 2010

First Moon Jan 1, 2010

Last night was special in that it would have a ‘Blue Moon,’ the first in nearly twenty years to fall on New Year’s Eve. I knew I’d have to be satisfied in just knowing it was there. Oregon rains were in full force.

This morning the new year held a special treat for me. While my husband and guests slept, I slipped out of bed to stuff a turkey. Just before the moon set the rain clouds lifted enough to give me a peek of a glowing full moon ready to slip beneath the western horizon. The rising sun gave it an orange glow, mostly hidden by more rain clouds … a beautiful way to start my new year.

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. I remember that moon. Very often when we have a full moon it wakes us up in the middle of the night. We think we forgot to turn off the outside lights, but realize soon enough that we are mistaken.

    ReplyDelete